Error 0X80070057 usually shows that Windows updates have failed and it can be due several reasons. Windows Update Error 0X80070057 occurs in three different ways:
- The parameter is incorrect (0X80070057)
- Windows Update Error (0X80070057)
- Microsoft Office Error Code (0X80070057)
As here we are discussing the Windows Update Error 0X80070057 occurred due to any issue in Windows update and it shows like “There were some problems installing updates, but we will try again later If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help – (0x80070057)”.
Ways to Fix Error 0X80070057:
If you are Windows 7 user, then there is possibility that you can face error 0X80070057 while updating your Windows. Are you already facing this error? Then, don’t worry. You can fix this error easily through different ways. It can be done within few minutes. Just follow the given below methods to fix this error permanently:
1- Rename “Software Distribution” Folder:
The first and simplest method to fix error 0X80070057 is by renaming the “Software Distribution” folder to “Software Distribution.old”. Simply follow given below steps:
- Open Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R.
- Type %systemroot% and press Enter to proceed.
- Right click on SoftwareDistribution folder and change its name to old.
- Then, search for services and open it.
- Just make sure that the status of Windows update is started.
Restart your computer and that’s it. You Windows will be updated without any error.
SFC (System File Check) scan can also help you to fix this error.
- Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from Menu.
- Type “sfc /scannow” in the Command Prompt and press Enter.
- “Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification **% complete“. This will be displayed on screen.
- After completion of scan, “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity errors” will be shown.
If after SFC scan, it shows that “Windows Resource Protection have founded corrupted files but unable to fix some of them”, then download SFCIX 3.0 and install it to your PC. It will automatically fix all the corrupted files and error 0X80070057 will not appear again.
Other method to fix this error 0X80070057 is through editing Registry. this can be simply done through Notepad as given below:
- Press Windows + R short-key to open Run box.
- Type Notepad in the box and press Enter.
- New blank Notepad will open. Copy and paste
“Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Go to File on the bar and click on Save As.
- Then, write its name as “wufix.reg“.
- Select All Files option from Save As Type. Now, save it to your computer.
- Go to file location and open it by agreeing as prompted.
These methods will surely help you to fix Windows Update Failure Error 0X80070057. Now, you can update your Windows 7 without facing any kind of error.