Some Windows Users showed up with error that their CPU usage is high. The issue is mostly reported when PC wakes up from sleep and also during regular work. This problem causes poor performance of PC and disk may fill up to 95%. Firstly, this issue was reported on Windows 8, but then it was also faced and reported by large number of users of Windows 10.
How to Know It is Affecting Your Computer
There can be several number of reasons behind this error, but the most common cause of this high CPU usage is “System Host: Local System (Network Restricted)”. It can be checked whether “Windows Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted)” is causing high usage of CPU or not through Task Manager.
To do this, press “CRTL + Shift +Esc” short-key to open Task Manager and you can see “System Host: Local System (Network Restricted)” there. It shows that your computer has been affected with this and it is causing high CPU usage. That can result in poor performance of your PC.
How to Fix “System Host: Local System (Network Restricted)”
If any of you are already facing this problem, then don’t worry. The good news is that it can be easily fixed from computer. We have discussed the ways to fix this below. You will be able to fix this issue permanently from your computer after reading this below. There are more than one ways to fix this issue from computer.
By Disabling Super Fetch
The steps of easiest and shortest way to fix this error are listed below. Simply follow these steps and fix it:
- Turn on your PC.
- Press Windows + R key to open Run box.
- Then, type “services.msc” in the search box.
- After entering, press Enter key to move on.
- Then, you will be displayed with a long list of services available on your PC.
- Scroll down until you find a service named as “Superfetch“.
- In order to proceed forward, you have to edit its settings. You can do so by double clicking on it.
- After editing its settings, click on the option “Stop“.
- Just make sure that you have selected the startup type “Disabled“.
- Then, go to “Apply” and click on “Ok“.
- After completing all these steps, simply restart your Windows computer. That’s it.
Once you completed this process, check again to know whether this problem is removed or still present. You will surely notice that the disk space or high CPU usage have been decreased significantly.
By Registry Editor
The second way to fix this error is through registry editor. It includes:
- Press Windows + R to open Run box again.
- Type reedits and hit Enter key.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > ControlSet001.
- Click on services and proceed to N7du.
- After that, go to Start and write 4 in value data.
- Click on Ok and close it.
After restarting, again check your Task Manager. Hopefully, this error has been fixed from your Windows Computer and it will never happen again.