If you are a Google Chrome user, then you must have faced an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED or Err Connection Refused error. This error usually occurs when users try to open any website. This error can be due to many reasons. It does not matter which website you are trying to open. This error can also occur when you are trying to open most famous sites like Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and Google. The most common causes of this error are given below:
- If the server of that site is down or not properly working.
- Website can be blocked by the antivirus software.
- Any issue with internet connection.
- May you are using any proxy server.
Err Connection Refused error can be fixed through various ways. The most useful and easy ways to fix this error are given below:
Check your Internet Connection
This error mostly occurs when there is any issue in your internet connection. Before using any other way, just make sure that you are connected to internet connection and it is working. If your PC is connected to an internet connection and it is properly working, then move on to next method.
Disable Firewall or Antivirus
The second way to remove this error is to disable Firewall or any other Antivirus software installed in your PC. In order to disable Firewall, just follow the simple given below steps:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on the Windows Firewall.
- Then, click on the “Turn off Windows Firewall” to disable the Firewall.
Clear Google Chrome Browser Cache
Clearing Google Chrome browser cache can also help you to fix this error and can give access to block site. Try clearing Google Chrome cache as explained below:
- Open your Google Chrome.
- Go to History.
- Click on the option “Clear browsing data”.
- Just tick on the “Cookies and other site plugin data” and “Cached images and files” option and uncheck other.
- And then click on “Clear Browsing Data”.
Check Proxy Settings
Sometimes users enable proxy servers and then forgot to disable it. So when proxy server is unavailable, then user can`t open any website. If you are using any proxy server, then disable it to remove ERR CONNECTION REFUSED error. This can be done by following steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on the option “Internet Options”.
- Go to “Connections” and click on “LAN settings”.
- After opening LAN settings tab, just make sure that “Use a Proxy server for your LAN” is disabled.
Changing DNS Address
The last possible method to solve this error is changing DNS address. In order to change DNS address of your PC, simply follow given below steps:
- Search for “Open Network and Sharing Center” and open it.
- Click on internet connection and open “Properties”.
- Then go to “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and again click on Properties.
- Then add, “188.8.131.52” in Preferred DNS Server and “184.108.40.206” in Alternate DNS Server.