Before knowing the solution of any problem, you should know about that problem very well. Class Not Registered is the common error usually occurred when you have apps containing unregistered DLL files. So, due to this some other software also don’t perform well. This error can be fixed or removed through several simple ways. If any of you are facing any such error while using any software like Google Chrome, then don’t worry. Just relax. It can be fixed easily within few minutes.
Ways to Fix Class Not Registered Error
Any problem can have more than one way to solve it. The most common and simple ways to fix “Class Not Registered” error is explained below:
Fix DCOM Errors
Users can fix this error by fixing the DCOM (Distributed Component Object Model) errors. Simply follow given below steps:
- Press Windows + R to open run dialog box.
- Type “dcomcnfg” and click on “Open”.
- Go to Computers through Component Services. And open My Computer.
- Open DCOM Config. Click Yes on DCOM Configuration Warning.
- Reboot your Windows 10 and check whether still that error appears or not.
Following are method to fix class not registered error. If fixing DCOM errors don’t work for you, then try disabling iCloud from Task Manager to fix this error.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Esc
- Then, go to Startup and right click on “iCloud Services”.
- Click on the option Disable to disable it.
That’s it. Hopefully, “Class Not Registered” error has been fixed.
Try to Re-register ExplorerFrame.dll File
Another way to fix “Class Not Registered” is to re-register the ExplorerFrame.dll files as explain below:
- Open Command Prompt by using the short key Windows + X.
- Click Yes to run it as administrator.
- Type regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll and hit enter.
Set Windows Photo Viewer as Default Image Viewer
If you are trying to open any photo but it shows this error, then you should set your default image viewer as Windows Photo Viewer.
- First of all, open Windows Settings.
- Then, go to System.
- Click on the option Default apps and look for “Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults”.
- Click Reset and check whether that error is fixed or not.
Create a New Microsoft Account
If all above methods are not helping you to fix this error, then you are left with only one choice, creating a new Microsoft account. Yes, creating a new Microsoft account and using it to login can help you to remove “Class Not Registered” error permanently from your PC. User can create a new account by following simple given below steps:
- Open PC Settings. Then, go to Accounts and click on “Family & other users”.
- Then, click on the “Add someone else to this PC”.
- Enter your email address of Microsoft account and click Next.
- Logout of your this account and login by using an email address of new Microsoft account.
After that, user can open any app or photo without any sort of error.